Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Possessing "Being"

Psalms 146:2 KJV
While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

Now here is a concept that takes a wonderful turn. The Psalmist says that he will praise the Lord while he has any being.
My mind immediately sees the man who is in dire straits
The enemy is about to overwhelm him. All flesh screams out that this is a moment of pain, a moment not to praise but to plead. And yet he is determined to sing praise to his God until the enemy has expired his consciousness.

Or else the scene is of a elderly soul who has lived for the Lord now many decades
As the life ebbs from the body, what will be those dying words? "I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being."

Now here is the wonder of this passage;
The believer will always have being
Death is no end but just the beginning of life in such better conditions than are these that truly we will praise the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment