Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rest for Your Souls

Matthew 11:28-30 KJV
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I heard today that the Supreme Court of the United States just voted to change the definition of legal marriage to include same sex unions.[1] This travesty of judgment is only one of a long line of biblical rejections made by both state and federal governments as men become more and bolder in their stand against God and the Bible. 

Surely these types of events spell the end of America as I was blessed to know it as a younger person. We watch as daily our nation turns farther away from God and we have little else we may do but weep. 

The believer must grieve as a witness to this betrayal against God. 

But at the same time, we grieve we may also have rest for the soul. Christians need, more than ever to take the yoke of the Lord and learn of Him. “There is a place of quiet rest, near to the heart of God. A place where fear can not molest near to the heart of God.”

  • Mourn for America
  • Grieve for the souls of the lost as they step further into the way that leads to destruction
But find rest for your soul as your place more faith in our blessed Saviour. 




[1] That isn’t exactly what they voted about but it has this effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment