Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Soul

Psalms 25:1 KJV
A Psalm of David. Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.

He said he lifted up his soul:
·         Not his eyes
·         Not his heart
·         Not even his prayers
In his case David lifted up his soul unto God.

His soul
The seat of his mind, will and emotions.

His soul
That piece of him that relates horizontally with others.

His soul
That which is redeemed at the moment if new birth:
·         The body still awaits salvation
·         The spirit is quickened at salvation and
·         The soul is purchased from the market of sin at salvation

David lifted up his soul.

I am reminded of Paul who said:
2 Timothy 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.


May we commit without reservation our souls to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment