Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Energy Spent On the Wrong Person

Romans 10:20-21 KJV
 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

There is the one who has been daily courted to have a walk with God. There is another who began a walk with God without such courting.
  • Israel is an example of the first
  • The Gentiles of the latter 

Often we give our energies to the wrong persons. We stretch forth our hands to those we wish would be saved and nearly neglect those who have almost accidentally.[1] Ministry is about caring for those whose hearts have been drawn to the Lord. It is about feeding the flock God has give us. We do go out to care for the fallen but we must not neglect the faithful for the sake of the fallen.

Those whom the Lord gives will come naturally and of their own accord. They will hear in our ministry the Lord's voice and follow. Those who do not are not (yet at least) of this flock.




[1] I speak from the man's vantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment