Sunday, December 20, 2015

1 Chronicles 12:17 God Will Rebuke It

1 Chronicles 12:17 (KJV)
And David went out to meet them, and answered and said unto them, If ye be come peaceably unto me to help me, mine heart shall be knit unto you: but if ye be come to betray me to mine enemies, seeing there is no wrong in mine hands, the God of our fathers look thereon, and rebuke it. 
David had been in flight long enough to be a bit leery of strangers. Though he had a pretty constant stream of devotees, this bunch was different. This bunch included Benjamites, the very tribe King Saul was of. Who could blame David for being skeptical?
What is interesting is how David handled this. I notice that there was no suggestion of animosity or reprisal if they turned out to betray him.
  • If they truly supported him he promised to love them
  • If they turned out to betray him they would be accountable to God
In some sense every relationship we have involves risk. David’s practice would be good for all of us; love those with whom we have to do. If they hurt us, forgive them and leave it in the hands of God.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

1 Chronicles 12:17 God Will Rebuke It

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free. Email me for a free one month VIP membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment