Wednesday, December 16, 2015

John 17:8 (KJV) True Disciples

John 17:8 (KJV)
For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. 
Jesus makes three observations about those who are true disciples:
They have received the Word Jesus gave from the FatherThey didn’t just hear Jesus, they took heed. The words that He spoke became meat for their meal. They ate it and it became part of them
They have known surely Jesus came out from the FatherI take this to be in reference to His Person. They were sure that Jesus was the fulfillment of the Old Testament promise.
They have believed that God the Father sent JesusI take this to be in reference to His purpose. He was sent to seek and to save that which was lost.

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.


If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

John 17:8 (KJV) True Disciples

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free. Email me for a free one month VIP membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment