Friday, April 15, 2016

2 Timothy 4:14-15 (KJV) Calling Alexander Out

2 Timothy 4:14-15 (KJV)
Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.
Once again we find Apostle Paul calling a man out by name. Apparently he wasn’t as concerned about lawsuits as people are these days! I see three thoughts of Paul concerning Alexander the coppersmith:
He had done Paul much evilWe know that he had spoken negatively and incited a riot. We know that Paul was forced to discontinue his very profitable ministry in that region because of him. What other evil he had done, we can’t tell.
Paul pronounced judgment against himThis is much like a phrase I use sometimes, “God will get you.” Those times I have said that have not been well received but I believe it to be truth.
Paul warned Timothy about himThough God is keeping account and will do exactly as Paul claimed, for the present Alexander was still alive still evil and still a danger.
I have no doubt that God will reward evil treatment of his people. That doesn’t mean that we, His people will never be persecuted or that we will personally see the judgments of the evil ones.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

2 Timothy 4:14-15 (KJV) Calling Alexander Out

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment