Saturday, May 28, 2016

Psalms 35:13 (KJV) Love Your Enemies

Psalms 35:13 (KJV)
But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.
There are, I think, three representations of David in relationship to his enemies:
When they attacked, he prayed aggressively against themHe knew it was without cause and he had zero qualms about seeking God’s intervention against them. The bulk of this Psalm is made up of such prayers.
When they were afflicted he poured out his heart for themHis goal was not their destruction but their friendship. He would fight when he had to but he would beg God sincerely on their behalf when they needed it.
In public speaking he addressed only the righteousness and goodness of GodWhatever was his issue with his enemies was taken up privately in prayer. When he spoke publicly he avoided the issue be focusing on the glories of God.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Psalms 35:13 (KJV) Love Your Enemies

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment