Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Revelation 4:1 (KJV) Jesus is Coming

Revelation 4:1 (KJV)
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
It is worth noting that these words were written something like twenty years after the collapse of Jerusalem under the Romans. What memories must have been John’s?   I doubt he was in Jerusalem during its fall but he surely heard about it and considered it with much emotion. Yet nothing he wrote even mentions the city’s fall. John was looking
  • Upward to heaven 
  • Forward to the plan of God
This tells me that the Apostle John did not view the fall of Jerusalem as significant either theologically or spiritually. It tells me that those with praetorist views of eschatology have a different view than John did.
  • That Jerusalem fell in 70 AD is a historical fact is undeniable 
  • That its fall was tragic for the Jewish people is obvious 
But it was not the significant spiritual event so many have made it out to be.
Keep your eyes fixed forward. Jesus Christ is coming.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Revelation 4:1 (KJV) Jesus is Coming

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment