Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Matthew 24:3 (KJV) Give It Some Time

Matthew 24:3 (KJV)
And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
There was a message Jesus gave the general public and another one He gave His disciples. Mind you they were not contradictory messages. The one was more general and the other was more specific.
As a preacher I find that there is one sort of message I can bring to a general crowd, perhaps mostly of unbelievers, and a different sort of message I might be able to bring to Christians. Generally speaking the message to Christians is more detailed and probably a little longer.
As a believer I learn from this that, if I desire to know more about the things of the Lord, I will need to pursue it.
  • I will need to ask about the thing I want to know
  • I will need to attend a service meant for believers
  • I will need to invest more time to hear and learn 
Some people never grow past the more general things of God because they only attend the more general messages from God.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Matthew 24:3 (KJV) Give It Some Time

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment