Monday, July 25, 2016

Psalms 117:1-2 (KJV) Real Study

Psalms 117:1-2 (KJV)
O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.
I found this brief paragraph in a series of quotes and quaint expressions recorded in Spurgeon’s Treasury of David.
“In God’s worship it is not always necessary to be long; few words sometimes say what is sufficient, as this short Psalm giveth us to understand. – David Dickson.”
I do not know who David Dickson was but I certainly agree with him. Long-windedness is not necessarily the sign of study. The most thought out and studied works are likely those that have been boiled down to their most earnest message.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Psalms 117:1-2 (KJV) Real Study

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment