Sunday, October 23, 2016

Acts 17:2 (KJV) What Is Your Manner?

Acts 17:2 (KJV)
And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
I used to pastor a man who would never commit to anything. Whenever I rode in his car he would take weird, out of the way routes to our destination. He said he learned to be like that as a soldier in Vietnam. He never wanted the enemy to discover a pattern in his life. He never wanted the bad guys to know for certain where he would be at certain times.
Paul was just opposite that. Paul had particular customs, patterns and mannerisms that were consistent and therefore predictable you would always know what Paul was going to do because he did it repeatedly.
His manner was to enter into a city, find the synagogue of the Jews and reason with them there. His manner was to reach out to His kinsmen after the flesh and attempt to win them to Christ.
I wonder what someone else would say is our manner?  I want to be known for:
  • My predictable walk with God
  • My persistent study of the Scriptures 
  • My pattern of teaching and preaching and
  • My passion for bringing others to know Christ
What would people say your is manner?
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Acts 17:2 (KJV) What Is Your Manner?

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment