Monday, March 27, 2017

Revelation 2:9 (KJV) It Is Not Sin Because He Is God

Revelation 2:9 (KJV)
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. 
There is a dominant phrase in Revelation chapters 2-3, “I know.”It is a mark of the deity of Christ that He is all knowing, of those things that go on in the churches. We would do well to consider that. These churches are not our own. They belong to our Lord and we will give account of our part in them one day.
There is, even more so, a dominant word in these chapters, “I.”Jesus is:
  • In the midst of the churches, 
  • Aware of the churches and 
  • Active in the churches. 
While the subjects of these letters are the churches, the focus is the Lord.
When Lucifer lifted himself in pride he said, “I will be like the most high” and proceeded to give a litany of “I’s.”Whenever we become proud, either through conceit or poor mouthing, “I” becomes the favorite word in our vocabulary. And it’s always sinful.
But here is Jesus Christ flooding these two chapters and the seven letters contained in them with “I.” It’s no sin when He does it because He is God. His repeated use of the term is proof of and consistent with His deity.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3800 earlier Daily Visits with God visit Pastor Marvin McKenzie’s blogger page. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Revelation 2:9 (KJV) It Is Not Sin Because He Is God

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment