Saturday, September 01, 2018

1 Corinthians 15:6-11 (KJV) The Last Shall Be First

1 Corinthians 15:6-11 (KJV)
After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
Life is a fabric woven together over time. It is not one event after the other. So too those themes that Paul deals with the Corinthians about find their way again and again in the fabric of his letters to them.
  • The subject of spiritual labor 
  • The subject of authority 
  • The subject of the church
  • The subject of communion
Surface once and again as Paul works his way through this book.
There are other subjects addressed such as spiritual gifts and even the resurrection, but they are couched in the context of these broader (I would never consider the resurrection “secondary”) subjects.
In a text that takes us back to Jesus’s own words, Matthew 19:30,
But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.
Paul, who was:
  • The last of the apostles, 
  • The last to see the resurrected Christ and 
  • The last of them to be taught by Christ (while in the desert) 
became the most well known of them all and the one whose impact has most influenced our world.

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4300 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

1 Corinthians 15:6-11 (KJV) The Last Shall Be First

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment