Friday, May 24, 2019

Genesis 18:27-28 (KJV) Answered Prayer


Genesis 18:27-28 (KJV)
And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
What a humbling concept that we may undertake to “speak unto the Lord,” we who are indeed but dust and ashes. 
Abraham prayed, and the Lord heard and answered his prayer. 
Three things:
Though he had an answer in the affirmative, his prayer had not been finally answered yet 
I have had many times when God assured me in my soul that my prayer was answered, but it was sometime later when it was “officially” answered. This is an important truth because it is the case with salvation. We have assurance from the Holy Spirit we are saved, in most cases, decades before it is finally answered. 
Though he had an affirmative answer, Sodom was nevertheless destroyed
The assurance of answered prayer is that God will answer in the best way possible, not necessarily the way we believe He should.
Though he had an affirmative answer, he continued to pray 
The Bible teaches us both humility and boldness. We are but dust and ashes. We could never deserve to take upon ourselves to speak unto the Lord. But we have been provided an open door. God through Christ invites us to come boldly, consistently, and ask of Him greater and greater things.
To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4600 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Genesis 18:27-28 (KJV) Answered Prayer

photos from pexels.com
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment