Friday, January 24, 2020

1 Chronicles 17:1 (KJV) More Than A Friend


1 Chronicles 17:1 (KJV)
Now it came to pass, as David sat in his house, that David said to Nathan the prophet, Lo, I dwell in an house of cedars, but the ark of the covenant of the LORD remaineth under curtains.
I notice that when David had this thought of building the house for God, the prophet Nathan was in David’s house with him. I realize that the king’s house would have been vastly different than our houses today, however, I can’t help but sense a closeness and familiarity between the men. Nathan was there, sitting with David in his house. I get the impression this was a common occurrence. I also note that, when God spoke to Nathan in his own home, he had no hesitations in returning to David’s house to deliver the message. 
The people of God need a close and unhindered fellowship with their preacher. They must be able to tell him what they are thinking, and he must be able to tell them what God’s answer is. 
I do see a problem here. Nathan was there to hear what was on David’s heart, but the relationship was close enough that Nathan replied with what was on his own heart. The preacher must be more than a friend exchanging ideas with us. 
  • He must be free to have quiet time with God
  • He must be free then to take the time to hear from God before responding and 
  • He must be free to give the response God gives him to deliver
To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4800 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

1 Chronicles 17:1 (KJV) More Than A Friend

photos from pexels.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment