Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Psalms 102:2 (KJV) We Need Reviving


Psalms 102:2 (KJV)
Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.

Though it does not appear to me that most of us sense we are in as much trouble as this Psalmist was, he said he was so concerned he forgot to eat, still, most Christians recognize we are in serious trouble today.
·       Our governors have presumed to dictate what churches can and cannot do 
·       Our SCOTUS effectively dismissed the first amendment protection of the church last week
·       Our cities are being looted by thugs and
·       Our mayors are allowing them to do it

-->
We need reviving. 
And that reviving might require first that we come to see exactly how bad off things are. I just received word of a major faith organization using government funds to survive this shutdown, and that while still receiving all of the funds they would normally have received by way of promises. In effect, they took our grandchildren’s tax money for their own benefit, not because they could not survive without it but because they could.[1]

Ever feel like a sparrow alone upon the house?[2] 
We need not be alarmed. 
Psalms 102:12-13 (KJV)
But thou, O LORD, shalt endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.
Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.


[1] I am very disappointed with this decision on their part. I do understand where they were coming from. Our church, too, could have applied for and received the government money. I was encouraged to do so. It seems like free money, all we had to do is demonstrate that we used it to make payroll and it was ours for keeps. It seems like everyone was doing it, and none of us knew at the time how badly we were going to hurt from this shutdown. But it is not our money. It is not the government’s to give away. And God’s work must never appear to need the world to survive. (Genesis 14:22-23)
[2] Psalms 102:7 (KJV)
I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.


To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824
For this and more than 4900 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Psalms 102:2 (KJV) We Need Reviving

photos from pexels.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment