Thursday, September 30, 2021

Acts 25:26 The Failure of Human Government

Acts 25:26 (KJV)

Of whom I have no certain thing to write unto my lord. Wherefore I have brought him forth before you, and specially before thee, O king Agrippa, that, after examination had, I might have somewhat to write.

The whole account of Apostle Paul before: 

  • Felix then
  • Festus and the 
  • Festus and Agrippa 

is a demonstration of the failure of human law. 

Roman government is the model upon which every civilized government I am aware of is based. Even in the monarchy of England, the principles of Roman government have been added to provide for a just government to rule the citizens. 

But it, and the “improved” models of it, are flawed and frequently fail. Paul is a case in point. Roman law dictated that he had to have his accusers face to face. Once Festus realized he was not qualified to address the accusations, he offered to send Paul to what I will call “the lower court” in Jerusalem. I believe it was because, having so little ability to judge in this matter, he hesitated to send him to the “higher court” in Rome. It would have made Augustus aware of his inadequacy in this office. 


Once Paul had appealed to Caesar; however, Festus had no choice but to grant Paul’s appeal. But he still had no idea what charges to present against Paul. To educate himself more fully, he presented Paul to Herod Agrippa and discovered that he ought to have been set free. His own laws trapped Festus, bound to do a thing he hesitated to do and now was sure should not have been done. 

Christ makes us free. Only Christ makes us free. The best human government is wholly incapable of setting a man at liberty. 

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and, more than 5400 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Acts 25:26 The Failure of Human Government

No comments:

Post a Comment