Friday, October 01, 2021

Acts 26:29 (KJV) Almost and Altogether

 
Acts 26:29 (KJV)

And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.

We have here both the heart and the heartbreak of the man of God. Let’s break it down.

I would to God
There is a desire, a burden. It is that thing for which he prays and longs to see God answer. 

Not only thou


Paul was speaking to Agrippa, but he knew numerous others could hear. I’ve given the plan of salvation to one person while being fully aware that others were listening. It was my silent prayer that everyone who heard, not just my immediate audience, would be saved. 

Almost and altogether 
What a tragedy that so many come almost but not altogether to Christ. One of the most outstanding matters of concern to the preacher is how many people think they are Christians but fall short of gospel salvation. Paul was so convinced of the reality of his faith that he longed for everyone to be as fully involved in Christ as was he. 

Except these bonds 
No preacher wishes suffering upon those who trust Christ. Still, we know this world is at enmity with our faith. We pray that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in godliness and honesty. 

When that isn’t possible, we pray that the children of God remain true and faithful to Jesus. 

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and, more than 5400 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Acts 26:29 (KJV) Almost and Altogether

No comments:

Post a Comment