Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Psalms 27:13 (KJV) The Land of the Living

Psalms 27:13 (KJV)

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

I see this passage having applications in two senses.

On the one hand, a person could quickly become depressed and despondent if he only believes God’s goodness is eternal. We live today. We have needs today. We really need God’s goodness today. What good is that goodness if it has no application today?


On the other hand, this is not ultimately the “land of the living.” We spend such a short time in this life. What if, like the rich man, we fared sumptuously on the goodness of the Lord today and then lifted up our eyes in hell? So much better to be as Lazarus, who saw so little of God’s goodness in this world but basks in His goodness eternally today.

We have no reason to be down, even if we have very little of the world’s goodness. This is not the land of the living.  That place exists beside Jesus when all those who are born again will live forever with Him.

That is the land of the living, and it is in that land, I have hope. I would faint if I did not believe I would see that land and enjoy the goodness of the Lord there.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and, more than 5500 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Psalms 27:13 (KJV) The Land of the Living

No comments:

Post a Comment