Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Revelation 6:2 (KJV) And I Saw

 
Revelation 6:2 (KJV)

And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.


The early portion of this chapter has the definite theme of “vision.” We find the four beasts around the throne urging John to “come and see.” In response, really, even before the admonition we find John saying repeatedly, “And I saw.”

I understand that the vision was compelling. I would certainly not want to miss a thing if I was in John’s shoes. But then I remember than John was a man just as we are.

I wish to point out three elements of the horseman vision.
There was a message from God
That is what the vision is. John was being given a message from God. It seems like a fantastic message, but I remind you that the Bible is a message from God and it is fantastic.

There was one pointing out the message
I do not want to make too hard of a connection between the four beasts and a preacher in our current setting. Still there are some similarities. The beasts, just as preachers, were not the authors of the vision. Their duty was to point the vision out, “come and see.”

There was the one intended to see and hear the message
That was of course, John. And he did see. He said so.

God give us eyes that can see and ears that will hear when our preacher steps to the pulpit and exclaims, “Come and see.”

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and, more than 5600 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Revelation 6:2 (KJV) And I Saw

No comments:

Post a Comment