Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Proverbs 27:11 (KJV) My Son

 
Proverbs 27:11 (KJV)

My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.

It is incredibly significant how much of the Proverbs reference how a child reflects the parents. Children, I am convinced, especially adult children, are either a reflection of blessing or shame upon their mom and dad.


It leads me to think that we likely don’t invest anywhere near enough of ourselves into our children. It seems like fathers especially tend to focus on providing for the family, finding success in their work, and realizing their satisfaction in their promotions while expecting that their kids will almost automatically grow up fine. And I think that’s in the best families. The worst ones are practically negligent of their children.

If we focus our attention on this verse and the spiritual significance, I see David as the godly man he was, challenged on so many sides.

  • He had spiritual enemies among the Gentile nations
  • He had spiritual enemies among the northern tribes
  • He had spiritual enemies among some of his officers
  • He even had spiritual enemies among his children

See him as he instructs Solomon, perhaps during those final days when they transitioned from David’s throne to Solomon’s. Or perhaps at an earlier time when David may have been sharing his thoughts for the Temple. At some point, David looks at his son and says, I’m asking you to be wise. It will cheer my heart. But it will do more than that; it will vindicate and reinforce my psalms and the faith I have declared to those around me.

Is this why Solomon prayed for wisdom? 

I know that my sons cheer my heart so often as I see them walking wisely before the Lord. And I know that their wise faith, to this day, strengthens me to continue preaching and to walk with the Lord.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and, more than 5600 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Proverbs 27:11 (KJV) My Son

No comments:

Post a Comment