Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Isaiah 66:3 (KJV) God’s Way Over Our Own

Isaiah 66:3 (KJV)

He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog’s neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine’s blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

How often, I wonder, do we even consider the man to whom God will look?[1] We have been conditioned, and we like it this way, to think that if we are not ok, that’s ok. We’ve come to accept our sin, willfulness, ungodliness, and disobedience. We are thankful for the mercy of God. We are more than happy to live upon it and coast carelessly with our relationship with the Lord.

I notice that God sees things a bit differently.

  • He is not interested in our offerings and sacrifices.
  • He is not interested in our buildings in His name.
  • He is not interested in our production for His cause
  • He looks for poverty, contriteness, and trembling at His Word
  • He looks for the one who will choose God’s way over his own


Some will argue that this is Old Testament and applies only to the Jews. I will return that God changes not. I, too, am grateful for the mercy of God. I am thankful that I am hidden in the righteousness of Christ. But I recognize the character of God and the desire of His heart. And I know that if we would but apply ourselves to obey Him, His grace would make us much more Christlike than we are today.


[1] Isaiah 66:2 (KJV)
For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and, more than 5600 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Isaiah 66:3 (KJV) God’s Way Over Our Own

No comments:

Post a Comment