Friday, July 01, 2022

Ezekiel 44:7-9 (KJV) Unholy Churches

Ezekiel 44:7-9 (KJV)

In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations.
And ye have not kept the charge of mine holy things: but ye have set keepers of my charge in my sanctuary for yourselves.
Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.

This is about the completion of Ezekiel’s vision of the Temple. The vision took place at about the twenty-fifth year of the Babylonian captivity. What is described cannot be Zerubbabel’s Temple, nor do I believe it to be Herod’s Temple. It’s undoubtedly not heavenly nor in the Millennial Kingdom. Possibly it’s the Temple during the Tribulation. The uncertainties leave it, in my opinion, open for some applications to the churches of the New Testament.

But this application, though I think true of our time, is not favorable.


God complains that those who are uncircumcised in the heart, and therefore also uncircumcised in the nature of the flesh, their appetites and activities have been added to the house that belongs to God.

Further, God complains that those responsible for upholding the holiness of God’s work are, in themselves, unholy.

Does this not describe the state of so many churches today?

God help us repent and turn from such, that we might see holy churches, capable of reflecting God’s glory and being light in the world!

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 5600 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi provides a means for those who appreciate my content to leave me a “tip.” I would be thankful for it.

Ezekiel 44:7-9 (KJV) Unholy Churches

No comments:

Post a Comment