Monday, August 29, 2022

1 Corinthians 12:24 (KJV) Members Welded Together Are Stronger Together

1 Corinthians 12:24 (KJV)
For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:

The idea of tempered together is much the same as being welded together. It is a process by which two members are made to be one. As a certified welder, I have some experience in this area. I know, for instance, that when a weld is done correctly, the weld is stronger than either member alone.

God tempers, strengthens, and forges the members of the church together. Each member contributes to the overall strength of the church. The whole is much stronger in faith, purpose, and spiritual function than any one member would be alone.


As a welder, I know it is possible to separate members previously welded together. In the days when I worked construction, we called it “scarfing.” We used an air arc device to melt the weld and blow it off with compressed air. The process is tedious, slow, messy, and very loud. We also had scarfing bits for oxy-acetylene tanks. It’s scorching, much slower, and just as dirty as air arc. Neither one is ideal.

Even so, the perfect will of God is not that the members of a church be severed from it. Our culture values independence above unity and individuality above community. It has done much damage to the local church and the cause of Christ in the world.

Every member of the church is necessary. We can’t afford any member to scarf off and join themselves to a body God never intended for them.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 5600 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi provides a means for those who appreciate my content to leave me a “tip.” I would be thankful for it.

1 Corinthians 12:24 (KJV) Members Welded Together Are Stronger Together

No comments:

Post a Comment