Wednesday, August 24, 2022

1 Corinthians 6:12 (KJV) Nobody Controls Me

1 Corinthians 6:12 (KJV)

All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

The Christian life is one of liberty under surrender.

All things are lawful

  • There is nothing that can cause us to lose salvation
  • There are many things that could be enjoyed without consequence
  • There are many things we would not have to do if we choose not to

But a lot of those things have a certain power connected with them

  • Addictive substances
  • Addictive passions
  • Addictive behaviors

While they do not sever a relationship with God, they do take control of the body.


In addictive relationships, people demand dominance over those with whom they have to do. Such relationships will not replace an individual’s relationship with the Lord, but they can ruin the joy of our walk with Christ.

Paul encourages the believer not to let anything have such control over our being

  • No substance
  • No drink
  • No food
  • No passion[1]
  • No desire
  • No person

should be allowed such power over us as to prevent us from being fully surrendered and given to Christ.

  • Flee them
  • Yield not to them
  • Give them no place

so that Christ may be your all.


[1] The context of the passage is sexual lust.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 5600 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi provides a means for those who appreciate my content to leave me a “tip.” I would be thankful for it.

1 Corinthians 6:12 (KJV) Nobody Controls Me

No comments:

Post a Comment