Sunday, November 27, 2022

Numbers 28:2 (KJV) Me, My, Mine

Numbers 28:2 (KJV)

Command the children of Israel, and say unto them, My offering, and my bread for my sacrifices made by fire, for a sweet savour unto me, shall ye observe to offer unto me in their due season.

We can’t place upon God the same standards we would put on others because God is the standard setter.

God can be jealous and righteous. I cannot.
That’s because there is none like or beside God. I could never expect someone to put me above all else in the world because I am not above all else in the world. God is.

God can be vengeful and righteous. I cannot.
That’s because God is the standard of righteousness. He is sinless, just, and holy. He alone determines good and evil and the consequences and rewards of each.

I notice in our text that God speaks of

  • My offering
  • My bread
  • My sacrifice
  • Unto me

God can claim these things and focus our attention on Him alone because He is alone. There is none else besides Him.


The temptation to compare ourselves with God results from the original sin and a product of the corrupt nature. Satan was correct when he said that the day Adam and Eve ate the fruit, they would become “as gods, knowing good and evil.” They did not become Gods, only as gods.

Everything belongs to God. Praise God! He graciously provides for us.

May we then obediently worship Him.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 5600 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Numbers 28:2 (KJV) Me, My, Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment