Thursday, January 26, 2023

Ruth 1:16 (KJV) Two Nice Young Ladies

Ruth 1:16 (KJV)

And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

Ruth and Orpah appear to have both been very nice young ladies. I’ve come to believe Elimech was of better character than he is usually given credit and it seems to me that one of the evidences of that is the character of the girls his sons chose as wives.


That being said, Ruth stands out, and I believe that is the intention of the account as of exceptional quality.

Consider the many temptations to return to her old life

  • Her husband had died
  • Her mother-in-law had decided to go to BethlehemJudah
  • Naomi urged them to go back
  • Naomi explained to them the price of remaining
  • Orpah did turn back
  • Naomi used Orpah as reason for Ruth to do the same

Still, Ruth begged her mother-in-law to allow her to follow after her.

Ruth clave to Naomi and became the blood from which our Saviour came forth.

Our world has many good people. Goodness is not the same as godliness. Ruth embraced not only Naomi but:

  • Naomi’s home
  • Naomi’s family
  • Naomi’s culture
  • Naomi’s God and
  • Naomi’s eternity

Ultimately, she gave the world 

  • Naomi’s Messiah

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 5900 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Ruth 1:16 (KJV) Two Nice Young Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment