Sunday, April 30, 2023

Acts 4:7 (KJV) The Stress of Ministry

Acts 4:7 (KJV)

And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?

I can barely imagine the stress Peter and John must have felt. They had only done a good thing. Through God’s grace, they had been used to see a crippled man healed. They had preached the Word of God so that 5000 were saved.

And for that, they put in hold overnight and brought to give an account the next day.

I can hear the words of Jesus not to give thought for the things they were to say but to let the Holy Ghost tell them what to say.[1]

Sometimes I think we know what the Holy Ghost wants us to say, but we don’t want to say it.

There is a lot of talk these days about how hard it is to be a pastor. I agree. I’ve been a pastor for almost forty years. It is hard. But I don’t think it’s healthy to focus on that.

I think much of the problem these days is because pastors spend far too much time trying to manage the “health” of the church, concerned what the “brethren” will think of us,  and far too little time sensitive to the filling of the Holy Ghost and proclaiming what He tells us to say.


[1] Matthew 10:19 (KJV)
But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 6000 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Acts 4:7 (KJV) The Stress of Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment