Tuesday, April 18, 2023

John 15:24 (KJV) Which Will You Do?

John 15:24 (KJV)
If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

There is a sense in which sin is not sin until a man knows it is sin.[1]

Before Christ came, men could go blissfully through their lives, perhaps upset at the conditions of government, or angry at how others treated them, but justified in their minds about themselves. Christ changed that. Christ fulfilled the righteousness of the law,[2] none other man did that. He exposed them to a standard to which they could not compare. Sins become exceedingly sinful[3] , and conviction sets in when thus exposed.[4]

What is a man to do under such conviction?[5]

Saul of Tarsus appealed to Christ.[6] But the Pharisees condemned and hated Christ.

Which will you do?


[1] James 4:17 (KJV)
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

[2] Matthew 5:17 (KJV)
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

[3] Romans 7:13 (KJV)
Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

[4] Romans 7:7-9 (KJV)
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

[5] Romans 7:24 (KJV)
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

[6] Romans 7:25 (KJV)
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 6000 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

John 15:24 (KJV) Which Will You Do?

No comments:

Post a Comment