Wednesday, April 19, 2023

John 16:22-23 (KJV) He Is Coming. That’s The Answer

John 16:22-23 (KJV)

And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

The next verse begins “…in that day….” I imagine the most common answer to “that day” would be after His resurrection. Sorrow will be turned to joy after His resurrection.

I don’t see how that answer resolves with the rest of the chapter.

After the resurrection, He has not yet overcome the world
At least not in the fulfillment

After the resurrection, we don’t have all of our prayers answered
At least not in the “ask what you will” sense

After the resurrection, our joy can be taken from us
At least in a temporary and worldly sense

But, if the answer to that day goes back to John 14:1-3[1] and speaks of His coming to receive us unto Himself, we have a resolution.

In that day, we will understand plainly, see all our prayers answered perfectly, and have joy that can never be taken away.


[1] John 14:1-3 (KJV)
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”

For this and, more than 6000 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

John 16:22-23 (KJV) He Is Coming. That’s The Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment