Thursday, July 27, 2023

Psalms 56:11 (KJV) Be More Afraid of Our Response

Psalms 56:11 (KJV)

In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

He will not be afraid of what men can do.

He did not say he believed men could do nothing.

Men did persecute, oppress, injure, and hurt King David. In the face of such opposition, he did not pray for the strength to defeat them. He prayed instead for the mercy of God.

During the heaviest oppressions of the dark ages, Christians knew they could not expect the enemies of their faith to leave them alone. They choose never to fight them. There was never a time when our Baptist forefathers took up arms against their oppressors. They were captured, imprisoned, tortured, and killed believers of all ages and both genders. Never did they resist. They prayed not for the death of those who fought against them but for God’s mercy,[1] strength,[2] and the conversion[3] of those who persecuted them.

We ought to be more fearful of an ungodly response to men rather than what those men can do to us.


[1] Psalms 56:1 (KJV)
Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me.

[2] Psalms 56:3 (KJV)
What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

[3] Psalms 56:7 (KJV)
Shall they escape by iniquity? in thine anger cast down the people, O God.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6000 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Psalms 56:11 (KJV) Be More Afraid of Our Response

No comments:

Post a Comment