Friday, December 29, 2023

Isaiah 56:3 (KJV) A New Identity

Isaiah 56:3 (KJV)

Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

 

This verse must be considered in its context as having its ultimate fulfillment not in deliverance from Babylon[1] but of the future salvation of the soul coming through the Messiah, Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 56:1-4 (KJV)

Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I ama dry tree.

For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

 

Albert Barnes writes, “It is to be borne in mind that this was regarded as addressed to the Jews in exile in Babylon, and there is probably a primary reference in the words to the deliverance which they were about to experience from their long and painful captivity. But at the same time the language is appropriate to the coming of the kingdom of God under the Messiah, and the whole scope of the passage requires us to understand it of that event.”

 

This then relates to Ephesians 1-2 where salvation is said not only to deliver us from our sins but to break down the walls that separate people groups so that, in Christ, we are a new man, a new body, a new people group.

 

In Christ we unite in local congregations of believers, oblivious to the backgrounds, offices, or reputations, good or bad, that we have outside of Jesus Christ.

 

#SalvationInChrist #UnityInBelievers #BreakingDownBarriers #NewCreationInChrist #EphesiansUnity

A New Identity: A New People, A New Beginning

 

To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6200 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

 Isaiah 56:3 (KJV) A New Identity




[1] Which, after all, is meant as a shadow of something so much more than physical bondage.

No comments:

Post a Comment