Sunday, July 07, 2024

1 Corinthians 9:15 (KJV) It’s Not Personal


1 Corinthians 9:15 (KJV)

But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.

 

Well, this chapter is certainly straightforward. There’s very little room for speculation about which the Apostle wrote. 1 Corinthians 9:11 (KJV)

If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? 

·       The soldier gets his spoil

·       The farmer gets his harvest

·       The dairyman gets his milk even

·       The ox gets his corn

Therefore, it is natural, normal, logical and Biblical that the minister gets his care. 

 

Imagine the period. The Apostle is the first missionary. He’s planting brand new churches among people who are brand new Christians. How will they ever know that they should take care of the preacher unless the preacher tells them?

 


That’s hard. It sounds self-serving. Paul, as is every man of God,[1] was willing to work and provide for the needs of himself and his companions. But he preached this truth as a part of the gospel[2] not for himself but for those who follow. 

 

The man of God must teach the people he pastors the biblical, natural, logical responsibility to care for the carnal necessities of the man who cares for their spiritual necessities. 

 

#BiblicalTruth #SpiritualGuidance #MinisterSupport #PaulineTeaching #GospelMessage

It’s Not Personal: Why Preachers Must Speak Up

 



[1] I know, I know, someone will point out those who are not willing. I simply respond, they are not men of God.

[2] See 1 Corinthians 9:16 (KJV)

For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!


Call to Action

  • In what ways do you personally support your pastor  to ensure he is adequately cared for while focusing on ministering to the congregation's spiritual needs?

  • Actively supporting your pastor, ensuring he is cared for just as he cares for you.

👉 Join our community in studying God’s Word and strengthening your faith.

To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6400 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

1 Corinthians 9:15 (KJV) It’s Not Personal

No comments:

Post a Comment