Sunday, September 08, 2024

Colossians 1:9 (KJV) 3 Keys to Understanding True Faith


Colossians 1:9 (KJV)
  

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.

 

It seems obvious to me that the church of Colosse was not a direct church plant of the Apostle Paul. Rather, as I understand it, he likely led Epaphras and some others from there to Christ while they were in Ephesus. These souls returned to Colosse, planted the church there[1] and then reported back to Paul.  

Who also declared unto us.”  

Since we heard of your faith.”  

 

It is impressive to see the heartbeat of Paul, the love, and the intensity of passion for them, that he would not cease to pray for them and desire that they would be “filled with the knowledge of His will.” I’m not sure I’ve seen that sort of passion in any of the brethren I’ve known, let alone for people they had never met personally. [2]

 


I am reminded that Christianity is more than a worldview. It is more than a political position. Christianity is more than a philosophy or a way of life.  

 

Christianity is a relationship, a walk with the true and living God. Because of that, it is nothing to be trifled with.  

·       God is. 

·       God is holy.  

·       God is truth.  

So, everything outside God is false.  

 

It’s not sufficient to make a claim of Christianity and then be casual or nonchalant with it. If we belong to Christ, the desire of Paul, the teaching of the Word of God, and the longing of God is that we would be “filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.”  

 

Anything less is too little.

 

#ColossiansTruth  #PrayerAndWisdom  #FilledWithHisWill  #SpiritualUnderstanding  #WalkWithGod 

Christianity is More: 3 Keys to Understanding True Faith  

 



[1] I’m going to presume under the authority of the church in Ephesus.

[2] Colossians 2:1 (KJV)

For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;



  • Are you experiencing Christianity as a personal relationship with God, or just as a set of beliefs?
  • Let others see this transformation by living out your faith actively and authentically.

👉 Join our community in studying God’s Word and strengthening your faith.

To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6400 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Colossians 1:9 (KJV)  3 Keys to Understanding True Faith  


No comments:

Post a Comment