Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Titus 2:2 (KJV) Aged, But Steadfast


Titus 2:2 (KJV)

That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.

 

At sixty-six years old and still active in my efforts to reach people with the Word of God, I’m regularly reminded that I qualify for this group. “The aged man” sounds a bit more respectful than many of the terms people call me today. I know I’m not young anymore, but I’m still struggling with being called an old man. My wife tells me my silver hair says I need to stop struggling and accept it.

 

Maybe when I turn sixty-seven.

 


As I read this passage, I wonder if the Word of God has identified the spiritual battles of the aged man. There are six things he is charged with:

 

·       Be sober

·       Be grave

·       Be temperate

Sound

·       In faith

·       In charity

·       In patience

 

The first three seem to have to do with the mind—thoughtful, serious, and controlled. The last three appear to deal more with matters of the spirit: healthy in doctrine, loving toward the church, and patient with those still growing in the Lord.

 

It’s easy to become grumpy and cynical in our later years. We’ve seen so much, fought many battles, and though graciously sustained, experienced defeats. We’ve witnessed firsthand the biblical reality that this world and its people will wax worse and worse, eventually culminating in the arrival of the man of sin and the great tribulation.

 

Our charge is to hold our faith securely, steady those under us, and rest assured that, in a changing world, the promises of God will not fail.

 

#AgedWisdom #FaithfulLiving #SpiritualStrength #BiblicalTruth #EnduringFaith

Aged, But Steadfast: 6 Challenges to the Aged Man

 

  • Are you living out the biblical charge of the aged man?

  • Reach out to a fellow believer today to encourage them in their spiritual journey!

👉 Join our community in studying God’s Word and strengthening your faith.

To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6400 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Titus 2:2 (KJV) Aged, But Steadfast

No comments:

Post a Comment