Sunday, August 09, 2026

Job 10:12 (KJV) Feel Like You Can't Go On?


Job 10:12 (KJV)

Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.


Job had been grieved deeply. He was afflicted more than most of us can imagine, though many people go through similarly overwhelming seasons of suffering.


In the midst of his grief, Job says something remarkable:

"Thy visitation hath preserved my spirit."


God's visitation—His watchful care, His attention, His providential presence—had preserved him. The affliction was still there. Job still had questions. His circumstances had not suddenly become easy. But in the midst of it all, he recognized that God was sustaining him.


I understand something of what Job meant.

Over the years, I have experienced times when I was not sure I could continue. Another step seemed too weighty to take. I did not know how I was going to preach again. There were days when making it through that one day seemed like all I could possibly do.

Uploading: 3339459 of 3339459 bytes uploaded.

During those times, my daily visits with God became more than a habit or discipline.

They became necessary. I knew they were necessary. I could sense that it was God meeting with me through His Word and sustaining me. I knew that these visits with God were giving me the strength to take another step. And because I knew where the strength was coming from, I was drawn back again and again.

More than drawn—I felt compelled.


There were times when I almost starved for those visits with God. I needed to open my Bible. I needed to hear from God. I needed that time alone with Him. I wasn't necessarily given strength for next week. Sometimes I wasn't thinking much farther ahead than that particular day. But God gave me what I needed to make it through that day. Then I came back to Him the next day. And the next. And the next. That is what makes Job's words so precious to me: "Thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.” God's visitation often does not remove the affliction. His visitation preserves us through the affliction.


Perhaps you are in such a season today. Don't neglect your visit with God. You may feel weak. You may not know how you are going to take another step. You may wonder how you can possibly face everything that lies ahead. Come to God. Open His Word. Spend time with Him.

His visitation will be the very thing that sustains your spirit.


#DailyVisitsWithGod #Job10v12 #GodSustains #StrengthForToday #PreservedByGod

Feel Like You Can't Go On? Here's How God Carried Me Through My Hardest Days




Has God ever given you strength to make it through just one more day? Share your story or favorite Bible verse in the comments—I would love to hear how the Lord has sustained you. 


For hundreds more Bible studies, Daily Visits with God, and Christ-centered resources, visit marvinmckenzie.org. Let's keep growing together in God's Word!




To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 7200 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Job 10:12 (KJV) Feel Like You Can't Go On?

Here's a comic version of the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment