Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Known or Knowing


1 Corinthians 8:2-3 KJV
And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
But if any man love God, the same is known of him.


My thought today is simply that it is not what you know that is as important as what is known about you. The greatest of educations
The brightest of minds
The most well rounded of life experiences
The best read of men

None of that matters much in comparison to what others know to be true of a man.

What others know about our character
What others know about our word
What others know about our commitments

These are the things that mark a man in this life.

But what marks a man for eternity is whether we are known for loving God.

So the highest aspiration I can attain to in my life is that of loving the Lord. Not that I must somehow make people see I love the Lord; only that I, in fact, love Him. For if I genuinely love God, "the same is know of him."

No comments:

Post a Comment