Sunday, March 02, 2008

Not a Passive Faith

Proverbs 2:1-5 KJV
My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.


The Bible says we are saved by faith and not of works; we live by faith and we are to walk by faith.

But this does not mean that our faith is passive. Proverbs make it abundantly clear that we should be aggressive in our search for the wisdom that only God can give.

While I do not work to get saved and I do not have to perform in order to please the Lord; still there is a work for me to do. I would do well to spend the rest of my life crying after and seeking knowledge, wisdom and the understanding of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment