Sunday, January 17, 2010

Prayer, Promise and Preaching

Isaiah 45:8 KJV
Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
Isaiah 46:3-4 KJV
Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.



Isaiah 46:12-13 KJV
Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:
I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Having read chapters 45 and 46 together in my devotional time I came to place these three passages together as unit. IN them I find:

A prayer
Isa 45:8
I am praying today that the skies will pour down righteousness and bring forth salvation.

A promiseIsa 46:3-4
What a promise for God's children. He has made us and He will
Bear
Carry and
Deliver us

Some preaching
Isa 46:12-13
To the stouthearted and those who do not know the Lord, God says "Hearken!" "Hear this!" "I will bring my righteousness, ...and my salvation shall not tarry..."

The time to trust Christ for salvation is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment