Saturday, January 16, 2010

Just Speak the Truth

John 10:40-42 KJV
And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
And many believed on him there.

The thought of this is tender to me, here is Jesus Christ returning to the place where John the Baptist had baptized Him. I do not know if the Lord did that for sentimental reasons, but the occasion did cause those who were following Him to reflect back on John the Baptist.

Their reflections brought them to this conclusion; while John the Baptist did no miracles, he did speak the truth about Jesus Christ.

And the Bible says that many believed on Him there.

This is good news to me. I do not need to be a miracle worker to be a servant of the Lord. I don't have to do fabulous and striking things in order to bring people to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. All I need to do is to tell them the truth about Jesus Christ.

John's message concerning Jesus was, "Behold the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of world." And that is the only message I need to preach. Be faithful with that and there will be people who believe on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment