Monday, March 01, 2010

I Thank God

Romans 7:25 KJV
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

All I wanted to do today is simply focus on the words, "I thank God through Jesus Christ." We need to be a thankful people. We need to give thanks for
Those blessings that are ours through freedom
Those bounties that we have through our nation
Those benefits that we own through family


Every human being can be thankful for those types of things. We have reasons to be thankful on the most secular of levels and it is not improper to express thanks for them.

But on the spiritual level a Christian has so much more to be thankful for.
That God has granted grace to sinners
That God has given a sacrifice for our sins
That God has convicted us to place faith in Christ
That Christ died on the cross for us
That Christ intercedes in heaven for us today
That we have a hope for eternal life with Christ


Truly I thank God through Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment