Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Statement of Faith

Job 23:8-10 KJV
Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him:
On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:
But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Job continues to give these wonderful statements of faith in the midst of great adversity.

He says he can't see God before him or behind him.
On the left hand and on the right God has hidden Himself and he could not see Him.

But despite all of this Job emphatically claims,
• "He knoweth the way that I take" and
• "when He hath tried me I shall come forth as gold."

What a challenge it is to get this from the head to the heart. To acknowledge this is true is one thing. To live it as truth, an entirely different thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment