Saturday, July 16, 2011

That's No Excuse

Jeremiah 1:7 KJV
But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.

My son, Bohannan, just preached to a group of teens last night. He spent a good deal of time proving that the most mature Christians are still only little children so far as the Scriptures teach.
• We have so much to learn
• We have so far to travel on this Christian way
None of us can rightly say that we have arrived.

But Jeremiah adds to that truth that we must not use our childhood as an excuse.

God's intent is to use those who are least likely to be thought of as able without God to do the work of God. We must always see ourselves truthfully; as weak vessels and mere children in the faith. But we must never allow that to be an excuse for doing nothing in the fields for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment