Thursday, September 15, 2011

Keeping the Matter

Daniel 7:28 KJV
Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.

• Daniel's cogitations troubled him so that
• Daniel's countenance changed even though
• Daniel kept the matter in his heart

There are some things, especially as we think of the weight of what will be the end times, that should change the countenance of a person.

• Christians ought to have the joy of the Lord.
• Christians need never live in fear of the future and doubt of their fate.
• Christians do not need to express every concern they have, do not need to be negative; have no cause to be hard hearted and mean spirited.

But neither should Christians be ignorant of the times and naive about the consequences man's sin has generated. The countenance of the Christians, while confident and joyful, ought also bear upon it a mark of seriousness, earnestness and brokenness in the light of God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment