Sunday, September 01, 2013

Verily, Verily

John 10:1 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

A fine speech is made not by the eloquence of the words but the character and reputation of the speaker.  The same words, spoken by a man of doubtful character is little heard but spoken by one known to be sound, honorable and of good character becomes powerful and inspiring. 

When Jesus speaks every word has meaning and richness. And no greater words were spoken by the Lord than just those two, "Verily, verily." Breathed by any other man they are just words. But spoken by the King of kings they become a promise, an assurance that everything else we hear from Him is true, doubly so. 
  • Verily verily means I can count on eternal salvation
  • Verily verily means that I am sure my sins are forgiven
  • Verily verily means the things Jesus said are completely true
  • Verily verily means the things the Bible says about Jesus are absolutely true

One word spoken by Jesus assures me that everything I find in my Bible is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment