Friday, March 24, 2017

Ezekiel 26:2-3 (KJV) The Earmark of Devilishness

Ezekiel 26:2-3 (KJV)
Son of man, because that Tyrus hath said against Jerusalem, Aha, she is broken that was the gates of the people: she is turned unto me: I shall be replenished, now she is laid waste:Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Tyrus, and will cause many nations to come up against thee, as the sea causeth his waves to come up.
We often talk about the sin of envy when a neighbor seems to be blessed and we are not. Something in us cries out, “That’s not fair. I wanted that. I needed that. I asked for that. I deserved that. Why did “so and so” get it and not me?”
Honestly, if we have been blessed in some remarkable way, we would be wise to announce that blessing carefully lest it appear to be bragging.
This text represents the opposite sin, that of rejoicing when a neighbor experiences loss.
Tyrus and Jerusalem were neighbors. They were competitors in sea trade but they had been in partnership under kings David and Solomon. Now Jerusalem had been devastated and all Tyrus could think to do was see her own advantage in it.
There is a downward spiral of doom God describes in this and the following chapters:
  • Chapter 26 – the sin of selfishness 
  • Chapter 27- the sin of pride
  • Chapter 28- the giving over to Satan
Generosityselflessness, and compassion for others in crisis are the earmarks of godliness. Selfishness is the earmark of devilishness.

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3800 earlier Daily Visits with God visit Pastor Marvin McKenzie’s blogger page. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Ezekiel 26:2-3 (KJV) The Earmark of Devilishness

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment