Monday, July 31, 2017

Acts 2:25-28 (KJV) This Ends With Joy

Acts 2:25-28 (KJV)
For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Peter makes it clear that David’s passage is prophetic of Jesus Christ. Still, David must have had a personal application as he wrote these words.
The passage ends with him being full of joy. That came:
  • By keeping the Lord before his face
  • By not moving from the side of God
  • By resting in the hope of God’s promises
  • By learning the ways of life
The result was:
  • Rejoicing and glad words
  • Assurance of eternal life and
  • Joy in our communion with God

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3800 earlier Daily Visits with God visit Pastor Marvin McKenzie’s blogger page. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit Bible Baptist Church of Puyallup.

Acts 2:25-28 (KJV) This Ends With Joy

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment