Thursday, January 11, 2018

James 5:1-6 (KJV) Nothing But Judgment

James 5:1-6 (KJV)
Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
I take it that the audience of this passage may be more literal than I once thought. In the past I saw this as preaching to the world in general and no one in particular. Certainly I did not expect this person to be in the congregation. I have changed my view. James tells us he is writing to the scattered Jews, whether converted or not, and living among the Gentiles. I see this as those various churches in the Gentile world composed, in those days, mostly of saved Jews and Gentiles but containing, too often, Judaizers – Jews claiming to be believers but trusting still in the traditions of their fathers and therefore completely lost.
These people caused one problem after another in the churches they attended. They were:
  • In the flesh 
  • Did their work in the flesh and 
  • In the flesh fought the Spirit of God in the church
These people can expect nothing but judgment in the last day.

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 4100 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

James 5:1-6 (KJV) Nothing But Judgment

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment