Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Revelation 18:2 (KJV) Come Out Of Her

Revelation 18:2 (KJV)
And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Mystery Babylon is a good name for this place because it is a mystery where it is:
Some people believe it is the Babylon of Biblical times
This idea seems to be more plausible every day. The power of Islam, which stems from that part of the world, is growing rapidly and covering much of the earth.
Some people believe it is America
No doubt the reach of the United States is huge and is becoming less God honoring.
I am still of the persuasion, taught to me more than 35 years ago, that it is Rome
The universality of Roman Catholicism has little diminished. I can easily see her first compromising with and then swallowing up Islam
What I find interesting, in my visit with God today, is that this Babylon is said to be fallen when she is:
A habitation for devils
They abide in, have made their residence in Babylon
A hold of every foul spirit
It’s a temporary jail for them.
A cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
More than a jail, this is a prison of which they have no hope of escape.
God’s people are called to come out of her. Whatever chains the unclean and foul, it does not bind the believer. Still the believer must be called out.
There are no chains that the child of God cannot be free of. By God’s grace break those chains. Come out of this world and come near to God.

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4100 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Revelation 18:2 (KJV) Come Out Of Her

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment